of St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Church,
we wish you a wonderful
This coming Sunday, May 24th, is Ascension Sunday and the 7th Sunday of Easter
Easter Sunday Mass (Recorded):
LIVE STREAM MASS
from our St. Marguerite parish priests, through Facebook Live
Click here to go to our Facebook Page.
Please “like” and “follow” us to get important updates.
Mass Schedule on Facebook Live: Saturday Vigil 7 PM & Sunday Mass 11 AM
Upcoming Second Collection Funds:
For the weekends of
May 24th – Catholic Communication Campaign
May 31st & June 7th – No second collections
On May 18th, our new Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer, O.F.M. Conv., sent a wonderful email indicating that, although the dispensation of required attendance at Sunday Mass is extended through June 28, 2020, we can and will be resuming daily and Sunday public Masses in the church, with the following guidelines:
- All persons wishing to attend any Mass should, for their safety and the safety of others:
- not have a temperature of 99.6 or above, have current coughing/sneezing episodes, or do not feel well
- Are recommended to wear a protective face mask in church
- practice social distancing of 6′ separation from other households, including no physical contact during the sign of peace, or before or after Mass
- Refrain from singing out loud (only the Music Minister and a select few choir members will sing)
PLEASE SEE the Note from the Pastor column on p. 2 of the MAY 24, 2020 Bulletin for Fr. Tomy’s describing of all of our resumed public Masses and more!
All non-liturgical Parish activities and gatherings are cancelled/suspended until further notice, including: Religious Education, RCIA, Choir Practice, and Ministry Meetings.
We discourage you from having gatherings at our parish at this time. Please stay safe.
OTHER NEWS FROM THE ARCHDIOCESE:
Click here for the direct link for the Livestream page for the Installation Mass for our New Archbishop-elect, The Most Reverend Gregory Hartmayer.
— Wednesday, May 6, at 12:30 pm
Click here for the COVID-19 Responses and Actions taken by the Archdiocese.
Click here for an article on the new Archbishop’s discussion on challenges of faith and hope during coronavirus pandemic.
Click here for an article from the GA Bulletin regarding the extended suspension and school closure.
ONLINE GIVING – We pray for your continuous support of our Parish! (Click here)
Please download “My Parish” App to keep up with current church information,
and especially for a reliable source of the church bulletins.
INDIVIDUAL CONFESSION: still by appointment
Please call the Parish Office to make an appointment during the normal office hours.
Please, we ask, Confession and Anointing of the Sick should be done only in genuine emergencies.
Perfect contrition requires:
1. The love of God
2. The sincere desire for forgiveness
3. The ardent commitment to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation as soon as possible, when available
Welcome to St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Church in Lawrenceville, Georgia. We hope you find this website informative, and we invite you to come worship with us. All are welcome!
*Note that this schedule is temporarily suspended for now*
(livestream Masses Sat 7 pm & Sunday 11 am)
Weekend Mass Times
Saturday: 7:00 pm Vigil
2:00 pm Polish
Weekday Mass Times
Monday*, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 8:30 am (*NOTE: Mass of Monday, May 25, 2020 will be at 10:00 a.m. in observance of Memorial Day)
Wednesday: 5:30 pm Adoration, Rosary, and Benediction followed by 6:30 pm Mass
(by appointment until further notice; please call (770) 381-7337 during office hours to make an appointment)
Saturdays: 9:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. & 4:00 – 5:15 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Archbishop Hartmayer’s Installation Mass was held May 6, 2020; the Mass was recorded and is available foor viewing: click here.
- Fr. Tomy’s Personal Reflection Blog: Honeycomb Today
- Do you want to obtain holiness and happiness in your life? Join our Pastor as he reflects on important topics in life that pertain to our Catholic religion.
Click here for the blog.
Click here for the Facebook Group.
- Mass Intentions for deceased loved ones, the Souls in Purgatory, as well as Special Intentions, including birthdays and anniversaries, are taken by calling the parish office at (770) 381-7337. Schedule yours today via phone or email to the Secretary.
- Please contact the Parish Office if you would like a copy of a priests’ homily for a certain Sunday.
- Download MyParish App to stay updated with the current bulletin and announcements!
St. Vincent de Paul
CLICK HERE to support St. Vincent de Paul’s Mission during these times of COVID-19.
Thank you for your generosity.
SVdP Georgia is committed to continuing to serve Georgians in need who are facing homelessness, hunger and other challenges as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Every dollar raised from the COVID-19 response fund will be used to support neighbors in need across Georgia’s communities. You can help make sure we can be there for our neighbors in need during this time of uncertainty.
Other Useful Links
Click here to see a Powerpoint presentation on the history of the stained glass windows in the church!